Grumbach – Today this name stands for innovation, competence and experience in the flat roof area. Our family company has been successfully developing, producing and selling problem solutions for practical requirements since 1974. Here is a look at the company’s history:
Foundation by Karl Grumbach
The workshop becomes an idustrial enterprise
During the 1950s GRUMBACH was already devising and putting into effect solutions to problems arising in the workplace, but primarily for its own use. However it was quickly recognised that these solutions might also be of interest to people in other workshops. Since 1965 they have manufactured and sold installation elements or sanitary prefabrications and drainage units for roofs and balconies.
The second generation takes over the leadership of the enterprise
In 1972 Karl Grumbach handed over the entire management to his son Emil Grumbach. Emil Grumbach joined the company as an apprentice in 1947 and took over the technical management of the company in 1954. Emil Grumbach kept working on new problem solutions for practice. In the course of his life he was able to register a total of more than 30 utility models and 13 patents. The most important developments by Emil Grumbach include
- 1950: Folding bench for hand and foot operation by one person (Today in use almost everywhere.)
- 1960: Electrical screw stock for thread cutting (This solution is also in wide-spread use by installers.)
- 1960: Prefabricated Pre-Wall Installations
- 1961: Adjustable screw fitting for installation elements
- 1961: Visible and concealed cisterns
- 1964: Coverings for installations
- 1965: Development of installation or room units
- 1966: Development of outflows for showers, roof and balcony
- 1968: Development of floor-level shower trays (belong today to the standard range of any shower tray manufacturer)
- 1972: Development of sanitary cubicles, prefabricated bathrooms and prefabricated showers
- 1981: Pipe connections and attachments
- 1982: Development of incubators
- 1992: Development of sanitary mounting blocks for pre-wall installation in PUR
The first prefabricated shower, the first prefabricated bathroom and the first roof drain
In 1975 the first prefabricated bathrooms, prefabricated showers and roof drains are in serial production and being marketed. As regards flat roof drainage the company offers the widest range of roof drains in Europe.
A new generation of pre-wall installations is born
PUR sanitary mounting blocks (sanitary blocks) were presented for the first time at the IFH ’94 in Nuremberg and these made possible a new and simple method of pre-wall installation. The first two sanitary mounting blocks (sanitary blocks) were:
- the Universal Block 108 cm high and
- the Universal Block 83 cm high.
Third generation takes responibility
In 2004 the decision was made that the company should remain family-owned in the future. Emil Grumbach’s four daughters (Rita Günther, Susanne Konstantinidis, Stephanie Godow and Julia Lengfeld) became partners. Business school graduate Lazaros Konstantinidis was appointed as the second managing director alongside Emil Grumbach.
Change in the company management
In 2011, Susanne Konstantinidis, a graduate in business administration, was appointed to the management as the successor to Emil Grumbach.
After 39 years, the Emil Grumbach era as managing director came to an end. The third generation completely took over the management.
Senior partner Emil Grumbach died on December 8th, 2017 at the age of 84.